Do you want to enhance your skin-appearance but not sure which treatment will work for you? Are you fed up with trying all the topical creams with no significant results? Then you must try the simple and effective skin pen micro-needling therapy. It is one of the best innovations in enhancing skin issues such as wrinkles, fine lines, acne marks, wounds, etc. It assures to enhance the overall look and health of the skin without any side effects.
What is a skin pen?
- Skin pen micro-needling is a collagen induction therapy that employs a tiny skin pen for the procedure. This skin pen device quickly and repetitively induces microscopic holes into the skin surface. This procedure stimulates a healing response in the body at the treated site. The body uses the skins healing control to correct the deficiencies. New collagen is developed in the skin via this healing course that repairs the damaged skin surface.
- As the skin pen develops measured micro-injuries to inspire the natural healing power, there will minimal cellular damage. Hence there will be no effect on the overall skin structure. The treatment lasts for around 15 to 30 minutes relying on the size of the treatment area.
- Skin pen is the primary micro-needling device that was allowed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. It was approved to be effective and safe in treating skin issues for people above the age of 22. The majority of skin specialists suggest at least 3 skin pen treatments relying on skin size. There must be a gap of three to six weeks between every treatment.
- Do not perform any strenuous physical activity before 24 hours for treatment
- Refrain from using certain medications like ibuprofen, Aleve, cold medicines, Vitamin E, and aspirin before a week to treatment.
- Avoid other skin treatments like Botox, chemical peels, Retin- A, or other injectable fillers before two weeks to treatment.
- It is key to report the therapist about any cold sores that may need an anti-viral medicine to stop any issue after the procedure.
- This treatment cannot be done on persons if you have any existing wounds, cuts, or acne.
- If you are looking to employ this treatment for melasma then you must take thorough advice from the therapist. Micro-needling could stimulate a stirring response that enhances pigment issues.
The treatment begins by cleaning the area and application of a topical numbing serum. After some minutes, the dermatologist will start the micro-needling process to the skin. The skin pen needles vary in length and are used depending on the skin condition and the treatment area.
The different phases to the wound-repair procedure are:
Inflammation: Skin penetrations stimulate the repair process in the skin to sterilize the wounds, eliminate the remains. It enhances the blood supply in the region and promotes the development of new tissues.
Proliferation: The treatment area is repaired with new collagen production and fresh skin is developed.
Remodeling: The treated area is substituted with new tissue.
There may be the development of swelling, redness, or minor bleeding from the treatment sites. The skin may also be warm for some time. The site must be treated like a sunburn as it would take around 1-2 days post-treatment for the redness to vanish completely. You could go back to your routine activities instantly after the procedure. But refrain from applying heavy makeup and sweating as a result of heavily physical activities. You must also ensure that you do not perform any DIY micro-needling procedures. You could easily damage the skin and reverse all the treatment results. Hence it is key to consult your therapist on all your procedures to the skin.
Below are the expected reactions after the treatment:
- Minor bleeding from the skin pen microneedles.
- Redness in the treatment area.
- Warmness in the skin at the treated site.
How to take care of the treated area after the Skin Pen micro-needling treatment:
Therapists will advise on how to take care of the treated site after the procedure for some specific days. Below are the tips generally recommended:
- Spreading sunscreen that has physical blockers such as titanium/zinc oxides.
- Washing with gentle cleansers.
- Spreading moisturizer as advised.
- Wash with a mild cleanser
- Avoid being exposed to the sun.
- Refrain from using heavy chemicals.
- Drink plenty of water.
Skin pen micro-needling is a marginally invasive and fast procedure that has very little downtime. This makes it best suited for a tight-scheduled routine and also to have effective skin rejuvenation. Micro-needling is embraced across the globe and measured as one of the safe treatments as it does not cause any harm to other healthy tissues.
Does skin pen work?
Skin pen results could be seen in around a week of the initial treatment. These results are dependent on individual skin conditions like acne scars, fine lines, wrinkles, etc. As every skin response is different, it will result in variation of intended results. There will be suggestions from your specific therapist on the next treatment schedules. Following these treatments will ensure constant and efficient results.
Benefits of the skin pen micro-needling:
- There will be stimulation of the body’s natural healing process.
- No injection of harmful chemicals into the skin.
- This procedure is beneficial for everyone irrespective of their skin type and color.
- Marginally invasive procedure.
- The treatment area could be altered (small or large) depending on the condition.
- Minimal or no downtime contrasting to other types of treatments.
- The complete treatment takes very little time.
- Results are visible within a few days after the treatment.
- This can be used along with other laser treatments spaced at advised intervals. It will aid in long term preservation of skin condition.
If you are looking for a reliable, safe, and efficient Skin pen Treatment in Woodbury, MN, then you must consider visiting Blu Ice Med Spa. They are trusted and long-time experts in facial rejuvenation and body contouring treatments.