SkinPen® microneedling is minimally invasive and a quick procedure, performed in-office Little recovery downtime makes SkinPen® ideal for a busy lifestyle, and a great place to start for aesthetic procedures. Micro-needling is considered one of the best treatments as it does not cause any destruction of tissue during the process.
- Produces collagen production
- Improves the appearance of scar tissue in all skin types
- Improves the appearance of wrinkles
- Releases cytokines and growth factors
Three phases to the wound-repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation Piercing the skin triggers the immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation Wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix and a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling Wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.