Dermablading is performed by using a disposable sterile surgical blade called a dermatome. When using the dermatome we abrade the outer most layers of dead skin cells with light feathering strokes to smooth away the surface layer of the skin. This procedure is highly customizable and can be performed on a small area or on the entire face excluding nose. Whether you want to receive only the Dermablading treatment or you prefer a Dermablading facial, depending on your needs the procedure can take from a few minutes to a full hour to complete.
- Dermablading is suitable for all skin types except acne-prone skin.
- Effective on those with dry or rough skin texture and helps to minimize superficial acne scarring or uneven skin tone.
- Beneficial for mature skin, which tends to have a buildup of dead cells as cellular turnover slows down with age.
- Ideal for people with excess vellus hair on the skin. This hair often causes a buildup of dirt and oils in the follicles, so removing the hair gives the patient healthier smoother looking skin.
- Dermablading is an alternative to chemical peels or microdermabrasion it is a good choice for skins who are extremely sensitive, experience redness and/or rosacea.