Laser skin resurfacing is an impactful and proven way to eliminate skin issues like wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars, age spots, along with enhancing the skin firmness and general texture. As lasers can accomplish diverse outcomes, it is key to know the complete details of the treatment to get expected outcomes. If you are looking to understand laser skin resurfacing treatment and exclusive things to be taken care of after the treatment, keep reading below.
About Laser skin resurfacing
Laser resurfacing is a cutting-edge treatment employed in the field of aesthetic medicine to fade off several skin problems such as wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars, age spots, and improve skin stiffness. This treatment offers short, controlled, and focused light pulses on target regions of the skin, accurately eliminating the skin at precise layers. The treatment enhances the development of collagen and preserves a younger appearance. The added advantage is its non-surgical nature and includes no downtime. There will be a noticeable improvement in skin elasticity after the treatment. Wrinkles will convert to be dull with fading away of blemishes. This technology is developing an advanced style to skincare procedures. You can opt for Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatment Woodbury, MN. if you are having several skin problems like:
- Irregular skin pigmentation
- Acne scarring and asymmetrical skin tone
- Irresponsive skin resulting from surgery.
- Fine lines, wrinkles beneath the eyes or around the mouth and forehead.
Preparing for laser skin resurfacing
- Avoid deep sun exposure, tanning by employing a broad-spectrum sunscreen every day for suggested periods.
- Stay away from aggressive facial peel treatments such as strong chemical peels, laser resurfacing, dermabrasion for scheduled times before the treatment.
- Refrain from medicines that can cause photosensitivity such as doxycycline, minocycline before three days from the procedure.
- If the treatment area has been previously attacked by herpes virus or shingles in the treatment region, discuss with your doctor to begin the antiviral medicines.
The procedure of laser skin resurfacing
- The procedure begins with numbing the target skin region with the employment of a local anesthetic. There may be the usage of general anesthetic when the target region is bigger. The precise level of discomfort during the treatment is mainly dependent on the usage of a precise type of laser, target region and severity of the treatment, and the tolerance ability of the individual. There will be some kind of sensitivity in the target area after the procedure. A certified skin specialist will guide you on the best treatment methods for reducing the discomfort when required.
- Once the procedure is complete, a clear and stick-free dressing will be applied to the treatment site for a day. As the dressing is removed, the patient will be asked to keep the region hygienic by cleaning with saline or a diluted vinegar solution according to pieces of advice. This appropriate care is key to stop the formation of scabs. Typically, the region heals in 5 to 21 days, depending on the nature of the precise issue that was treated and the application of the laser type.
- Once the target site is healed, you can apply makeup to mask the sensitive pink or red color that is usually seen after the procedure. To carry dual functions of masking the target region and do not cause any harm to the skin, Oil-free make-ups are recommended after the procedure. This skin sensitivity will come down in few days but the redness will be intact for still more weeks for some individuals.
How to be careful after the treatment
- The target region’s skin may be reddish in appearance and tender to the touch immediately after the treatment. After a week from laser resurfacing, the skin may be dry and begin to peel. The skin that is appeared will be pink and gradually begin to lighten up with the appearance of fresh skin.
- After the treatment, individuals will be asked to rest on an additional pillow while they sleep for longer to aid in reducing the issue of swelling for few days from the procedure. The target site can be numbed by the cold compress for every couple of hours. Avoid activities that can cause flushing for 12 to 14 days after the treatment. Avoid going for aggressive facial treatments for a month and making use of any topical products that can cause skin issues during the recovery phase.
- As the laser-treated region is highly sensitive to sun exposure for a year after the completion of the laser skin resurfacing, the majority of skin experts will suggest taking this treatment during the winter or fall seasons. This will be the time when days will be shorter and there is the likelihood that you can avoid maximum exposure to the sun. But regardless of you completing the specific duration from having the laser skin resurfacing treatment, do not avoid applying a broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher daily while you go out in the sun.
- Speak to your doctor immediately if there is crusting, blistering or scabbing. Refrain from picking or removing the scabs as this may cause infection or scarring. Employing a thin layer of petroleum jelly, moisturizer, or suggested antibiotic ointment will be useful until the healing is accomplished.
- Even though some cases have the risk of discoloration especially among darker skin individuals, your skin doctor will suggest a safe yet effective treatment even for such people.
Laser skin resurfacing is a proven and effective way to highly improve the quality of the skin by removing imperfections and providing a refreshed look. But an inexperienced professional can also make this procedure risky and ineffective. Choose your laser skin resurfacing professional by analyzing their skill, hospitality, and qualification. Never focus completely rely on the cheaper options without analysis or detailed dialogues. Blu Ice Med Spa specializes in body contouring and facial rejuvenation treatments. We study and work precisely with every individual to provide the best treatment with a team of experienced body contouring experts.